Search This Blog

What am I Currently Reading?

What am I Currently Reading?



Safe Haven


By: Nicholas Sparks

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Love :)

Jayson and Nikki's wedding went off great....they are married and celebrating their honeymoon in Florida!! We had several stressful moments, but we overcame them. My husband gave a great best man's speech....I was sooo proud of him! Matt's not a big talker infront of people, and he was VERY nervous about giving the toast. He credited Jayson and Justin for us being together (awww) the crowd cheered on that remark haha.

I've attended 2 weddings since Matt and I have been married. Each wedding makes me remember my special day. Each wedding makes me see how important my marriage is to me and how much I love my husband.

Everyone always said the first year of marriage is the hardest. I am going to have to agree with 'everyone' on that. I am a strong believer in your shouldn't live together before you are married. Now, many of you reading this know our past. I stood my ground. I wanted this to be something for us to experience together for the first time. Living together has been one of two big challanges. Just adjusting to each others style and living habits. Matt's really bad about taking his dishes to the kitchen....and then rinsing them off and putting them in the dishwasher. I am really bad about putting my clothes away. Also, just adjusting to being around each other for a lot of hours was a big adjustment. I think it's made us stronger and closer as a couple. The other thing that has been a struggle for us is our faith. I am Catholic and Matt is Lutheran......not that different I know....but it has caused some big arguments. So big where I told Matt if this was going to continue, he would just have to not go to mass with me anymore. As many of you know, I'm very involved with TEC and Cursillo. It has been an ongoing prayer to get Matt to one of these retreats. I think we are leaning towards Cursillo, but I still haven't gotten a firm 'yes' from him.

So....Love. Love is realizing the person you have chosen to spend the rest of your life with means more to you than anyone could ever imagine. Marriage is about riding a roller coast but staying on the ride even when it gets scary. My husband is a great man and means the world to me. I don't know how I got so lucky to have him by myside for the rest of my life...it is for sure a gift from God.


Prayer List for Today:

Nikki and Jayson on their new marriage and that they have a safe and enjoyable trip.

Kaysi and Pete on their new marriage.

Ashleigh and Christopher on their new marriage.

A Mini-TEC Director for February (still need one!)

All who are traveling for the holiday weekend

All married couples.

The family of G.K. (a dear patient of mine who passed away last Thursday)

AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...