Search This Blog

What am I Currently Reading?

What am I Currently Reading?



Safe Haven


By: Nicholas Sparks

Thursday, December 30, 2010

A FRESH START




Hello 2011!! You and I are going to have a great relationship this year! I hope you know, I'm expecting a lot out of you. You are going to let me start over on some things that I kinda messed up this year. You are going to help me achieve goals. You are going to motivate me to finish things. You are going to allow me to be the person God wants me to be. I've never really made this relationship with any other year before, so you should feel PRETTY lucky! BUT, because this is the first relationship I'm having.....I'm holding you responsible and accountable for how I turn out come December 31, 2011 when we evaluate how our relationship has been over the past 365 Days. But don't you worry, we will have frequent evaulationships to see how your end of the bargain is holding up! I've compiled a list of all the things I would like for you to help me out with this year! Don't worry...it isn't long, but it is going to require some work. Are you ready? I AM!!





1. Reunite me with DAVE RAMSEY

He is a genius. Matt and I failed his 7 baby steps plan last year, and are now starting over. We have completed step one and now on to step 2. I am really going to cut back on excessive spending. I HAVE to live like no one else, so later I can live like no one else! WE have to create a budget and stick to it! GOODBYE DEBT!!! My goal for 2011: Eliminate AT LEAST 3 things that are causing us to be in debt! Why just 3? Start small! We can't take on more than we can handle, look where that got us! We will do the snowball effect, and if we can takle more than three, we will!





2. Reunite me with the YMCA and WORKING OUT!

Since going back to school, I haven't really had the time to work out like I need to be. But, now, I'm correcting that statement. I haven't been MAKING the time to work out like I need to be. There is ALWAYS time in the day to fit in a workout. EVEN if it means parking at the far end of the parking lot of the grocery store just to get a walk in! I HAVE to make it a necessity in my life to work out AT LEAST 3 times a week. Yep, start small and then work to make it bigger! 3 times a week I have to get a workout in! Whether it be going to the Y to workout in the gym, to do Zumba, walking at home or at school, doing Zumba on the Wii at home, no if, ands, or BUTTS, about it. My goal for 2011: Lose 14 pounds! Why 14? I'm putting it out there: I weigh 146, take me down to 132, please!





3. Reunite me with MY HUSBAND!

Since going back to school, Matt and I really have not spent ANY time together! People ask me-when do you see your husband? I saw when I go to bed and when I wake up in the morning. They think I'm joking, but sadly I'm not. My weeknights are spent either up at school, because I have class the next day, or if I am at home, I am working at Bath and Body works trying to make extra cash, or at home STUDYING. Weekends are the same, either working or studying. I don't think it's hampered our marriage, but it definitely hasn't made it stronger. BUT, we all know-the deeper you get into school, the harder it gets. My goal for 2011: at least one night a month, we have a date night. Nope, we don't go out to eat, because Dave says you shouldn't see the inside of a restaurant unless you work in one. BUT, we will sit down and eat dinner together, watch a movie, play a game, or just TALK.




4. Reunite me with my GIRLFRIENDS!

Again, going back to school has taken time away from hanging out with my girlfriends! A girl needs time with her goals! This past year, two my my BEST FRIENDS and I went Christmas Shopping one WHOLE Saturday. It was the BEST time I have had in a long time! I need more GIRL TIME! My goal for 2011: At least one girl night a month! An INEXPENSIVE girl night! DiGiorno's Pizza, Wine, Rented Movies, Mario Kart on the Wii, BOOK CLUB!!!





5. Reunite me with JESUS!


There has been a common theme here-Since going back to school, I have neglected spending time with Jesus on the weekends. Oh don't worry-he hears from me a lot during the week and yes, even on the weekends. But I need to reconnect him for that 1 hour on Saturday or Sunday in HIS HOUSE! There are PLENTY of opportunities in Quincy for me to attend mass. I just have the excuse of my weekends are spent working and studying. But, I KNOW I can make that time to go visit him in HIS House! My goal for 2011: Attend Mass EVERY WEEKEND! Bonus goal: get Matt to attend with me!





All in all, I don't think those are bad goals! Let's recap:





1. Elimiate at least 3 things that are causing us to be in debt.


2. Loose 14 pounds


3. Date night at least once a month.


4. Girl night at least once a month.


5. Attend mass every weekend.








OK-it's in writting! And it's official!!!






COME ON IN 2011!!!!!!!!!!!





HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Laura, you can do it girl. We can keep each other on the whole weight loss track. If you see me with a doughnut I want you to smack it right out of my face and remind me that not only did it cost me money it will go straight to my hips! And if I chase you to smack you back, we both get exercise! Win-Win! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laura-- I loved your post you were so honest. I liked how you said you needed to MAKE time for things. When people say "I do not have time to..." what they mean is it is not a priority in my life to... I think if you make what is important to you a PRIORITY in 2011 it will all fall into place-- Love you Meghan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with all your goals for the coming year, Laura!! Don't be too hard on yourself. You are really great person! For example, if you get to church even every other weekend, that is pretty good given your work, school, and family demands. And I just can't imagine you really need to lose 14 lb's!! :)

    It is so great that you are setting such lofty goals. Good luck with them.

    Love ya, Ginny

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...