Search This Blog

What am I Currently Reading?

What am I Currently Reading?



Safe Haven


By: Nicholas Sparks

Friday, June 10, 2011

Top 10 for May


Hey Followers!!! As promised, here is my TOP 10 for the Month of MAY! Let me know if you have tried any products mentioned or if you have any products you recommend!!!!!


GEL EYELINERS! MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack and Dip Down $15.00 each at MAC Cosmetics
Yes, it makes an appearance again in my May Favorites!! I learned about gel liners from watching the YouTube Beauty Guru's I mentioned above. Gel Eyeliners are not at all what I expected! LOVE THEM! I will probably never go back to a pencil or liquid eye liner again...well I will use the ones that I have left, but won't buy anymore! These go on sooo smooth, STAY on, do not flake, look amazing!!! I mentioned in my April favorites that I had a Maybelline Gel Liner. I really didn't need two black gel eyelines, so I gave it to my friend, Nikki. I don't notice a difference between the Maybelline or the MAC, so for the price, go for the Maybelline since it's cheaper, and if you live by me-more easily accessible at a drug store versus the MAC products which you would either have to order online or go to a MAC store.




John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray $8.97 at Wal-Mart
So, usually in the summer I am out in the sun A LOT! We usually go out on the river every weekend. Well, this summer, I probably won't go out a single time let a lone be out in the sun because I am class over the summer! I found this product, recommended by MakeUpByTiffanyD on YouTube. You spray it on your clean wet hair. I spray it around hairlineand then flip my head over and spray the hair at the base of my neck, spray my part, and then spray all over. When you use heat on your hair (blow dry, flat iron, curling iron) the heat reacts with the product and lightens your hair. I noticed a change IMMEDIATELY. I just finished using a product from Lush called Marilyn which is for Blondes and is supposed to lighten your hair. I used it four times and left it in for about 45 minutes each time and did not notice a change what so ever and it was about $15 more. I totally recommend this product, BUT it only works on BLONDES!!



Sally Hansen Nail Strips in Groovy Baby $8.50 at Wal-Mart
I saw these strips probably 2 months ago at Wal-Greens and looked at them and just thought they were nail stickers for little kids LOL!  Well, JuicyStar07 had them on in one of her videos and raved about them.  SO, I searched a little more on YouTube and some blogs and found really good reviews about them.  I bought these and the lace ones at the same time.  It took 2-3 nails for me to get the hang of it and then it was really easy to finish off!  I applied a top coat over the top because a lot of the reviews said to do that to help prevent chipping.  The strips lasted 10 days, just like the box said, but they could've lasted longer, but I wanted to change up my nails!  I went back to Wal-Mart and bought Cheetah print ones to wear to a wedding this weekend.  I TOTALLY recommend these!!!!!!!!





Too Faced Natural Eye Palette $38.00 from Ulta
Back again for the month of MAY! Another recommendation from YouTube Friends!! This is THE BEST palette to create natural eyes! It comes with 9 different eye shadows. It also comes with 3 look cards to help you create different eye looks, and it comes with an applicator (which I have yet to use!) I have played around with this quite a bit and created my own looks. I LOVE IT!!! I've gotten SOOOO many compliments when I use this on my eyes!!! BOOYA!!!! It's nice to be complimented!!!! There is a website: http://www.hautelook.com/ they offer deals on lots of high end things such as fashion, make-up, shoes, trips, etc. They recently had a deal with a company called Crown Brush. I ordered a 28 Neutral Palette for $17.00 (normally $49.88) and a 10 Color Matte and Shimmer blush set (which two of them I will use as bronzers) for $14.00 (normally $39.88) I will let you all know what I think about them and who knows-maybe they will be a favorite!!


 Microderm Abrasion Brush $9.50 from BeautiControl
First off......This brush is ONLY $9.50!!!!  Seriously!!! There are a lot of brushes out there because this seems to be the new craze and they are soo much more expensive!! BeautiControl has had this brush around for YEARS!  I use this once a week as a microderm abrasion treatment, but I use it EVERYDAY as part of my skin care routine.  To read more about how I use it click HERE  If you want to order one-LET ME KNOW :)

OPI San Tan-Tonio various prices...I bought mine at Ulta

I LOVE this color!!! Totally out of my box because I'm more of a PINK girl!! BUT, I was just drawn to this color because it is SOOO different!!! I get compliments on this all of the time!!! I truly believe that certain nail polishes only look good on certain skin types! AND I know this is more of a fall color with it being a brown shade, but I don't care-I'm wearing it whenever I want to!!! :)






OPI Sweetheart various prices...I purchased mine at my nail salon.
 I first saw this color on (again) JuicyStar07.  I LOVE this color!!!  It is just a very pale pink, a lot like the pink you might get on your nails if you were to get a french manicure.  It's that type of color that if you want a bit of color on your nails, but don't want a color that screams look at my nails!!!  I almost always alternate between this and San Tan-Tonio!




 Neutrogena Make-Up Remover Wipes $5.94 at Ulta or any DrugStore
WHY did I not know about these things SOONER!!! My face is WAY to sensitive to go through my full wash my face routine.  THESE are PERFECT at night!!!  For me, I almost feel like the wipe is too big!! I really could get by with only using one!  I just purchased the night calming wipes which are in the purple package and just have a lavender scent to them, but haven't started using them yet.  I HIGHLY recommend adding this into your skin care routine!!




 Tinted Moisturizer in Medium $20 from BeautiControl
I received this in my kit when I first started selling BeautiControl and honestly had forgotten about it..  I saw several YouTubers using a Tinted moisturizer during warm weathered months and also those who have oily skin.  SO, I started using this and I really like it as an option for foundation!! On days that I wear this, I DO NOT moisturize my face!  This gives you a good glow throughout the day and is LIGHTWEIGHT!!!



Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque $30.00 from Ulta
YET another repeat from my April Top 10!! Hey, there's a reason it's my favorite!  Again, another recommendation from YouTube Beauty Gurus! This is a hair conditioner for dry, damaged hair. The directions are to use this 2 times a week, which is what I do. I have read reviews that some people use this every day!! For me, using it twice a week works just fine! You use this AFTER you shampoo and condition. You apply to your hair just like you would a conditioner and then use a widetooth comb on your hair to get the conditioner really worked in. Leave it in for AT LEAST 7 minutes. It comes out SOOOO soft and shiny!!!!  AND you can still feel the results the next day-BONUS!!!!


There you have it!!! My TOP TEN for the month of MAY on the 10th :)  Be sure to check out my BeautiControl Deal by clicking HERE!  

What are some of your favorite products????

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...